Getting sick is no fun, no fun at all. With such a rough flu season this year, kids need to stick together! We cornered Dr. Brad yesterday and begged him to give us some free advice for staying healthy this winter. As always, he was happy to help!
5 kid-friendly tips for staying healthy this winter
- Drink a lot of water. Room temperature water is best!
- Eat whole foods. Fruits, veggies, quality meat – good stuff like that
- Stay away from caffeine, sugar, and dairy – that means, go easy on the soda and cand
- Wash your hands throughout the day.
- Breathe some fresh air. If you can, bundle up and get outside at least a little bit every day.
But, what should I do if I get the flu?
Good question. Have your mom or dad call to schedule a visit with Dr. Brad. He’ll want to check your organ systems to see how supplements or herbs can best help your body fight off the bug. Don’t be afraid to have your mom or dad call the clinic if you have any questions!
Onion packs are one of Dr. Brad’s favorite home remedies for kids of all ages, even babies. Find our more here!